Make sure your small animals are not left unattended. Coyotes can easily jump a 6 foot fence if they see any type of prey.
DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Feed all pets indoors or promptly remove all food dishes if you feed your pets outside.
- Clear brush and dense vegetation from around your property
- Put trash in strong barrels with tight lids.
- Store bags of pet food indoors.
DON’T DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Use plastic bags by themselves as trash containers
- Leave full trash cans standing at the curb
- Feed or provide water for the coyotes or other wildlife
- Allow small animals to run at large; they are easy prey for coyotes.